<VV> FW: Odd part

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Tue Jul 22 22:22:28 EDT 2008

  _____

From: Craig Nicol [mailto:nicolcs at aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:22 PM
To: 'richard shank'; 'fastvair at yahoogroups.com'
Subject: Odd part

Rick Asked:
 Here's one for the group. When I was adjusting my 67 convertible top I
found this small completely threaded plastic part on the passenger side
 under the top pivot mechanism. It has a hole counterbored with a small
 metal disc at the bottom and a screw driver slot on the other end.
 What is it or does it not belong to the car?
 Go to the Photos section on Yahoo and look for the album titled "67
Corvair Vert".  Rick Norris

Craig replies:

That's a brush holder for a small electric motor, like you might find on an
electric drill motor or hand-held grinder.

Typically, they're covered by a threaded disc with a similar screwdriver
slot.  Obviously, the spring and brush aren't there but they go into the
cavity.

Craig Nicol