<VV> Super Sports and Rally Wheels

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 23:33:35 EDT 2008

                                            B"H

It's true that by 1969 all Chevy Super Sports had eschewed the "SS" wheel covers for rally wheels of one sort or another except the Impala SS427.

However, the cost of these would be prohibitively expensive for my budget, and require a new set of 14" tires.

Also by 1969 virtually all SS Chevys had white "SS" emblems, usually with the engine CID as part of the name (SS396, SS454, etc.).

However, since it's my car and my idea, I MUCH prefer the earlier SS emblems and wheel treatments.  Probably my favorite Z03 is the '67 Impala...and this car had the same wheel covers as the standard Impala, with "SS" centers (no, they didn't ALL have the rally wheels!).  I also prefer the red SS letters with the chrome circle behind them.

It's just a matter of preference.  I appreciate the nice responses from the VV folks.  The car is a blast to drive, I took her on several weekend 200 mile trips this month with no problems.  She drove like a modern car, but I didn't push her speed wise, 60 is just fine for me on the Interstate.

Regards...Bill Hershkowitz