<VV> Monza Super Sport

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 12:48:14 EDT 2008

                                                    B"H

Well, here in NY there is NO emissions testing of cars over 25 years old, so I won't have the opportunity to test the emissions.

But I will say this:  Before I installed it, my family used to get on my case all the time about how the car stunk up the whole house when I started it up in the morning.   There was nothing unusual about the smell, but we're so used to cleaner exhaust that we've forgotten what cars smelled like in the old days, especially when cold.  And the garage is built into the house on the first floor, so you smell EVERYTHING that's in the garage.

Once I installed the converter, the house didn't smell at all when I started the Monza up cold.  So it's worth that alone, making the car easier to live with.  I love my wife and kids more than anything else, but they really don't understand why I need an old car to make me happy.  So I try to accomodate them as best I can so everyone gets what they want.

I may, in the interest of keeping family happy, install A/C in the car when I get the $$$...Bill

Yeah Jack, I think you are right. I remember now.  Although that  knowledge
does not help it look any better to me. It does make it more lethally  hot to
anyone who walks into it. Like others, I'm sure, I wait to see if  Bill can get
a smog test and see if it is really much cleaner in HC and CO. -  Seth