<VV> esoteric rocker info

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 13:54:08 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,
I know that very few of us cares a whit about this subject, but I think  that
we should be sure to set the records straight for posterity.

Recently, I was going thru some of my personal library documents and I came
across a letter from Bob Kirkman to me, dated Dec 1987.  You will remember
Bob as the GM Corvair engineer who compiled all the cyl head drawing data  into
a single spread sheet that was published both in the Communique and also in
the Corsa Technical Guide supplement.

What Bob said in his letter was that he had reviewed all the Corvair cam
drawings and they all (except one that he said was in error) referenced the
rocker ratio as 1.57 and not 1.50.

That is to say that all Corvair rockers were the same ratio at  1.57.  And
that 1.50 was picked up and used incorrectly as there was  never a 1.50 Corvair
rocker ratio.

Regards,
Bob Helt

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.