<VV> Diff lube question

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 27 03:26:34 EDT 2008

This Red Line MTL sounds like it's probably their version of GM's
Synchromesh Transmission Fluid -- seems every brand name has something
that is similar competing for their niche in the marketplace.  All I
really know is that the GM stuff is the recommended lube for the Fiero's
5-speed Getrag (Muncie) tranny and seems to work fine in the Isuzu
5-speed, too.  Apparently there is also a "friction-modified" version.

Some info from Red Line at http://www.redlineoil.com/pdf/6.pdf

It's sort of interesting that I found very little tech data on the GM
fluids doing a quick web search -- proprietary trade secrets anyone?

They can probably be used anywhere a 90W or GL-5 lube is not
specifically recommended.

Bill Strickland