<VV> Ultravan's new SuperTrapp, Vacuum/Boost gauge and O2

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Mon Jul 28 09:34:47 EDT 2008

Dan said:
With the new O2 sensor, I now realize that I'm running a bit lean in the
upper rpm range. It's fine at idle and cruising below about 2500 but as the
engine speed increases, it leans out a bit. I'm running 53 main jets but am
now thinking of increasing them to 54's.
given the new information.

Craig replies:
What is the AFR indication at speed?  I wonder if it's really LEAN or just
leaner than during acceleration. It sounds to me like the main well air
bleed might be too large - this is the item that leans the mixture at
cruise.  What's the engine vacuum and rpm at cruise?  Just curious.
Craig Nicol