<VV> Ultravan's new SuperTrapp, Vacuum/Boost gauge and O2

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 28 21:40:17 EDT 2008

Hi Craig,

We're taking it out camping this weekend so I'll try to get some averages.
Problem is wind resistance and prevailing wind speed which will have a big
impact on throttle position for a given rpm when driving one of these
whales.  Off the top of my head, I remember seeing the first of the four
red(lean) segments lit on the SafeGuard AFR gauge along with several of the
yellow segments (12:1) @ 3,000 rpm.  On the gauge there are 3 green(rich)
segments beginning at 11:1, 4 yellow segments and 3 red segments ending at
13.5:1.  I did notice that it tended to lite the red segment once I leveled
off to my cruising altitude :)

Here's what a picture of the gauge:

http://www.jandssafeguard.com/monitors.html

I'll get back to you with more info.

Thanks,

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/sets/
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!

Craig replies: