<VV> [1969] Jacking Instructions

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 29 15:46:54 EDT 2008

All LM cars used the same jacking instruction sticker for the given year,
unless the spare was in the trunk. IF a '69 convert has a factory 140, it
will have the spare in the trunk. Why is anybody's guess, as it's the only
non-a/c or non-wagon car to have it there.

The jacking sticker size was reduced from the '65-6 style to a smaller
style in '67, and stayed that size thru '69. Since '67 was the last year
for a/c in Corvairs, the small sticker showing the front mounted spare was
only used on 1396 a/c cars that year and the handful of '69 140hp
convertables, making it a rare sticker indeed.

I believe the part number of this sticker is 3898174 (take particular note
of the last three digits). Because of its rarity, it was only reproduced
once (by me) simply because I needed it. I sold off what stock I had to Lon
Wall, and he listed it as part # U-4636. It wasn't exactly accurate, but it
was the best I could do.

I personally would love to get a high-quality photo shot of this sticker.
Since my brother is a professional photographer and photo restorer, I could
get them reproduced. But I need that high-quality shot first. Thus I am
cross-posting this to the regular VV list.

-Mark

sheet (decal) for the luggage compt. lid for a 1969 Conv.?  Clark's sell
some but not for the 1969 Conv.  Just the other 69 models.  The assy.
manual shows one on the luggage lid, but does not say for which model.
Does anyone have a virgin on their lid?  What is the date and part number
on the lower right hand side?