<VV> [FC] 84hp powerglide MPH--------140 conversion?????

Bruce Gwyther vairman at q.com
Wed Jul 30 14:06:39 EDT 2008

Mike,
    Two things that I would at: 1) The van probably has a 3.89 diff. in it,
2) check the torque converter.  Yes I would use the 140 motor, but with a
3.55 diff.  A bad converter can destroy fuel milage. Also check the vacuum
modulator (oil in vacuum line).  I've never had an FC of any kind that got
less than 17 or 18 mpg (even my limo).  Most get well over 20 mpg.
Bruce