<VV> Tire Pressures with Modern Tires

Ron ronh at owt.com
Sun Jun 1 12:27:51 EDT 2008

Why?  Solid, rock hard tires went out in the 30's and the loss of traction
and ride quality make going back to them a complete loser.  For my Toyota,
the owners manual recommends increasing the tire pressures to 36 psi only
when driving continuously at speeds over 100 mph.  For a Corvair, this would
be a joke (or a disaster) so why play juvenile wanabe games?  A Corvair is a
nice cruising car for moderate speeds so you might as well enjoy a nice ride
while you're doing it with something closer to the General Motors
recommended tire pressures.

RonH