<VV> Tire Pressures with Modern Tires

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Jun 1 15:14:13 EDT 2008

"... Why?  Solid, rock hard tires went out in the 30's and the loss  of
traction and ride quality make going back to them a complete  loser..."

These are not your run-of-the-mill, narrow, stock size tires... I've been
running the higher pressure (38-rear, 24 front), with this set of tires,  for
about 20,000 miles. I rotate front-to-back about every 8,000 miles. The wear  is
perfect across the tire surface and the ride is not at  all harsh. I'll
either keep the pressures where they are, or try going up a  couple of pounds,
more, and see what happens... "if you always do what  you've always done, you'll
always get what you've always got."  Recently,  by working outside the envelope
with carb float levels, I was able to get  otherwise stock--inherently rich
running carbs--to operate near  stoichiometric.

Thanks to all who provided useful comments. As I always do, I'll report
back. (Bob Helt... I haven't forgotten about checking for a gas dam in the  NAPA
#M3988 fuel pump; I'll check and report back when I get the time to do  so.)

Cheers...

Mike Mauro

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.