<VV> Convertables & autocross

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Mon Jun 2 22:01:22 EDT 2008

Good news / bad news. I am on my third week at my new job after being layed
off for three months. Bad news is I'm still too new to take a week off for
the convention. Does anyone want my week long reservation at Motel 6? I like
to spend my money at the show, not the hotel.

Anyway, on to the real question:

I have a 63 Spyder Vert, pretty darn stock. I have never tried autocross but
I think it would be a blast. I'm not looking for any type of awards, just
the fun experience. I have standard aftermarket lap belts and no roll bar. I
think that I have read that you must have 4-point harnesses and a roll bar
for the verts. Is that true? Other than a properly maintained stock car,
what other modifications must be done in order to enter in a basic autocross
event? Where might I find a listing of events in the southern California
area?

Thanks,

Dave Thompson