<VV> Intermittant ignition EM

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 22:18:53 EDT 2008

<snip>
When driving car ignition cuts out and temp, press lites come on. Car starts
running and lites go out
almost immediately.  Problem does not act up long enough to troubleshoot.

I have gone thru all connections in the engine compartment and looked at
harness thru the tunnel.

Could this be ingnition switch, voltage regulator, generator, wire from coil
to points, ground issue

Need Help!! Dave Foster 63 Spyder Westlake, OH <unsnip>

I would say it's not in the primary supply to the key or the ignition switch
because the lights come on and they're powered by the same terminal.
I think you are losing power to the coil or have a problem with the points.

An erratic tach also points to, well, the points.  '63 Spyders have ignition
resistors and those fail sometimes too. I'd look to the points first. A
temporary "hot wire" from the battery to the ign resistor would isolate the
problem to before the resistor or after the resistor.
Craig Nicol