<VV> Corsa special? was: short shifter nonsense?

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 4 13:00:47 EDT 2008

I did a sidebar to my article on the resto of my infamous '69 Corsa back in
the December '94 issue of the CC. While I inadvertently missed listing the
'65-6 horn button, I listed all the other changes to a Monza that
constituted a Corsa. Less exchange values, the Corsa amounted to $74.20
worth of dash panel gauges and trim on the list price. In essence, other
than the added instruments, there is nothing mechanically different from
the Monza to Corsa models. So much for the Corsa being "special". LOL

The only thing that would even remotely qualify, really, would be the
special 3speed shifter on '65 models only. But it was basically on ALL
3speed Corvairs that year. Besides, who really wants a 3speed in their
Corsa, anyway?

The ironic thing is that nobody thinks much about adding a Corsa dash panel
to any other LM Corvair, but that includes the same people who "think"
Corsas are "special. Hypocritical rubbish!

-Mark