<VV> GM statistics, was: short shifter nonsense?

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 5 08:48:27 EDT 2008

GM never kept statistics like that. In the Fiero club, I've seen a lot of
speculation as to how many cars had "X, Y, and Z" option combinations. At
best, all you could get from GM (on any car, not just Corvairs) was how
many of a single option was installed during a given model year.
Combination statistics were not kept, nor could they, given that the number
of potential option combinations usually ranged in the millions.

The whole idea of option combinations, I feel, is driven by a desire to
have "the only one equipped with X, Y, and Z options". Sort of the
mass-produced-cars version of what is supposed to be rare. Insane. And an
example of vanity run rampant, IMHO.

-Mark