<VV> Early Front Shocks

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Fri Jun 6 19:27:52 EDT 2008

> For the earlies the shocks are only a 1/4" to long, not enough for
> anyone to have any handling problems. And anyone can handle filing the lower
> mounting bolts closer together. That is the only modification that you need
> to do for the earlies and FC's.
  Smitty Says:   I can agree that 1/4 inch won't meke any difference on front shocks.  Far as that goes an inch won't make any difference either since extension is restricted by the bump stops.  I won't let Ken or anyone else tell me that 1/4 inch more makes no difference on the rears.  Anybody that drives an Early at the limit will tell you that a quarter inch more is a quarter inch too much.