<VV> 2008 LA / VENTURA CONVENTION STATUS

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Fri Jun 6 18:31:13 EDT 2008

Hey Gang,

It's me again.  Here is the update on the convention.

Anyone registering at this point is advised to register online rather than
use "snail mail."

First, I have received a couple of direct email messages telling me that the
Convention sign up page on the CORSA website is, shall we say, difficult to
navigate.  Well, it is different but not all that difficult.  So .... here's
what you need to do.  Go to the website (www.corvair.org) and when you get to the
Home Page, click on "Events and Calendar Info" then click on "CORSA Annual
Convention" then click on "Convention Registration."  There will be a set of
instructions on the page that comes up.

You need to be a CORSA member to proceed and if you haven't registered online
on the CORSA website previously, you need to register now.  It is a simple
process.  Once signed on to the website, go to the convention site and do your
thing.

Second, we have filled more seats on some of the tours.  Here is the status.

Vandenberg Air Force Base-  Yes, this is still closed with a waiting list.
Please, no more sign-ups.

Universal Studios-  16 seats left

Wine Tasting Tours-  23 seats left

Beach Party BBQ-  Open

Nethercutt Collection-  18 seats left

Santa Barbara Trip-  Open

For those of you who intend to sign up for the convention on location, great.
 However, be aware that some of the tours, activities and events may be
closed by then.  Also, even though we will have a few extra T-shirts, polo shirts
and beach towels at registration, the only way you can guarantee getting one of
these collectible items or getting one in your size is to pre-register.

You have been warned.

As always, feel free to ask any questions you have.

Dave Wolcoff  (Tours and Activities)