<VV> Bad listening... wrong diagnostic

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Jun 7 08:15:44 EDT 2008

     I could be confused on the terms used for noises description but, the
fact is that I missinterpreted the sound of a leaking head, thinking it was
some kind of pre-ignition.
    The engine has been loosing power  gradually so, at retightening the
left head it recovered dramaticaly.

    A dry rocker ball sounds to me as screeching noise (know very well this
one). Rockers, balls, pushrods positioning, springs, exhaust donuts (all 8 )
were ok. As per isolating which side, remember it is a Rampside and, without
a helper, I barely hear the engine noises while driving.
    And... mine was not a question, just some way to say that even with many
years of dealing with 'vairs I´ve not became an expert.

    All of you who can make Ventura´s... enjoy it !!

    Daniel