<VV> 1966 Turbo vert roster

Corsa corsa at comcast.net
Fri Jun 6 22:03:28 EDT 2008

I've been rereading my 1969 Fingertip facts, and was looking at the tables in the back. The tables list having specifications on 962 cars which is 16% of production. The 1966 Turbo vert roster now has 76 cars on it, 75 still surviving. That gives a survival percentage of 12.8%. Pretty good for a 40+ year old car. Anyway, I figure I can break down paint and interior color on the cars in the roster just like they did on the 69 vairs in the fingertip facts book. Although 12.8% is not as high as the 16% used in the 69 book to break down paint and interior numbers, it seems high enough . I'll be working on the numbers and put them in the roster. So any owners of a 66 Turbo vert who want an updated roster, please send me an email. I should have it done by the weekend. Anyone who has a 66 Turbo vert who is not on the roster, please email me, and I'll add you in. Lastly anyone who may be interested in getting a 66 Turbo vert in the future or was a former owner, send me an email and I'll send you a copy

A few quick factoids I found:

1. Although 15 paint colors were available in 1966, over 57% of the cars on the roster were one of three colors. Care to guess what the three most popular colors on the roster are?

2. All the colors are represented in the roster, but three colors were so unpopular that there are one example of each. Care to guess what the three most unpopular colors are?

3. Headrests were first available as an option in 1966. It proved to be very rare with only 1.15% of 1966 Corvairs having them. The roster shows that the Turbo verts appear to be far more likely to have headrests than a typical 66 Corvair. LA Turbo verts seem to have a significantly higher percentage of headrest seats than 1.15%. Care to guess how much higher?

I'll post the answers some time tomorrow. Curious to see what others may guess.

Bigwave Dave