<VV> Factory Quick Steering Box into an early 65

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 04:02:51 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/6/2008 9:08:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
schwasd at verizon.net writes:

I bought  a quick steering box and arms out of a '66 to install in my '65.  I
know  the steering shaft in mine is one-piece and the "new" one is two-piece
with a  coupling.  The only other difference I have heard about is the flange
that bolts to the floor inside.  I hope the steering wheel spline is the
same between the two years.  Can anyone offer some instruction for this  swap?

Steve
140 VAIR

Did you get the complete column with the Box? If you did, that makes the  job
a lot easier. There are alternatives though. Which spline are you  talking
about? the one that the steering wheel mounts on? Your  one-piece column has
only that spline. All 65-66 columns, except the  Tele-columns, use the same
spline. I think I have an adapter U-joint which  will allow you to install the box
with the column you have. You will have to cut  the shaft off of your box, (or
get one off another box) and trim it to the  correct length. Let me which way
you want to go. I'll try to help. -  Seth Emerson

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.