<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 41, Issue 33

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sat Jun 7 19:40:25 EDT 2008

I'm puzzled about the horn this time. Just where is contact made to the ground within the steering wheel when the horn ring is pressed? The spring post contacts the contact ring and the bellville spring washer OK, but what is the path from the bellville washer to ground? I can't see a path to anything and I'm wondering if I'm missing a part there that isn't clear in the manual. Any ideas on this?
RonH
  Smitty Says:  Contact is from the brass collar in the mast jacket through the spring loaded post in the hub, to the thin metal disc (you called a bellville washer).  When the button or ring is pressed the edge of that disc contacts the steel hub of the wheel and from there through the shaft bearing and shaft to complete the ground.