<VV> Horn contact?

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Jun 7 19:40:38 EDT 2008

   When the belville washer is pressed (by pressing the horn button or ring) it contacts the metallic center of the steering wheel, which is grounded all the time. Path is: ground wire from relay - bronze contact ring - spring post - flexible (belville) washer - steering wheel center (ground).

   Daniel Monasterio

<<I'm puzzled about the horn this time.  Just where is contact made to the ground within the steering wheel when the horn ring is pressed?  The spring post contacts the contact ring and the bellville spring washer OK, but what is the path from the bellville washer to ground?  I can't see a path to anything and I'm wondering if I'm missing a part there that isn't clear in the manual.  Any ideas on this?>>