<VV> Hemmings Classic Car declares Corvairs a "deal"

Mike Jacobi mvjacobi at comcast.net
Sun Jun 8 14:11:09 EDT 2008

Seems to me is that people in general are put off by the unique Corvair
powertrain.  They understand a front engine rear drive car...and mostly, can
get them worked on most anywhere.

They also assume, wrongly, that getting parts is a problem.  They don't know
about our great support through our vendors.  This makes our cars a good buy
only for those who want to do all necessary maintenance and restoration
themselves.

Many people who love and buy muscle cars and the like buy them to drive and
show, maybe do their own detailing and minor maintenance...but anything that
is beyond basics, they can farm out to the local garage.  With a Vair, you
do it yourself or the car sits idle.

We have so often seen inquiries and write ups from people who have or would
like to insert one of those water cooled aluminum 218 V8s (Buick) in a
Corvair, due at least in part to wanting to be free of the quirky
mechanicals back there.

I wholeheartedly agree that the Corvair is a wonderful, well engineered car.
And its a blast to drive.  I will never again be without one.  But its kind
of a hard sell to someone who wants to stay in the V-8 front engine rear
drive world.

And it makes it really inexpensive to add to my collection!!

Mike in Michigan