<VV> Hemmings Classic Car declares Corvairs a "deal"

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 22:44:32 EDT 2008

                                        B"H

To this day I cannot fathom why Corvairs are so inexpensive:

1.  Period '60s Chevy Styling - good looking, turns heads wherever it goes
2.  Hardtop styling for Late models, even convertibles are cheap
3.  Mechanicals easy to work on, unusual but no secrets or impossible technology to learn
4.  Parts cheap and readily available
5.  Probably the best handling car of its era (with the exception of the Vette which probably handles as well as the Vair)
6.  Small enough to keep as a modern collectible and park anywhere
7.  Relatively economical and practical as a daily driver (except maybe that concours Corsa turbo convertible, or the '69 with 5 miles on it!)

In my mind, there isn't a more practical collectible than the Corvair.  But maybe the rear engine/air cooled configuration scares potential collectors...Bill H.