<VV> hot air marketing

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 20:05:14 EDT 2008

the bottom line for anyone participating in the Corvair hobby is to insure that the car remains relevant to the times we live in (in response to some recent postings about membership and attraction).
I kind of see this way, the almighty GM marketing division gave up on the Corvair nearly 40 years ago, thats a lot of time to forget about the cars merits.
If we want to keep the car and our hobby alive, marketing is the only way to get anyone's attention these days. We have to put the car in everybody's face, or just create a sustainable and sophisticated marketing campaign to promote its existence and contributions to the auto industry. Maybe like internet ads for CORSA at hemmings.com or the multitude of car magazines that are out there. Find that target audience and manipulate a media or medium that those types are involved in, and keep your fingers crossed the come in and contribute to the already lively member base we have!
(as if I were speaking to someone wanting a classic car but can't afford the big block's, or a vette's or stang's or whatever, "look at our car as an alternative (in a performance context))
another example (as far as relevances are concerned) major auto manufacturers are experimenting for our future cars with a unified platform but different bodies that plug and play. Duh. hey guys (meaning the modern auto engineers and designers) thats not a new idea, the corvair was on that train 45 years ago, ala coupe, sedan, wagon, truck, rampside, van, conversion, all with the similar drivetrain.. So yeah relevant and WAY ahead of its time.
so what if its air cooled, think of all of the examples in our mechanized world today that are air cooled combustion engines, lawnmowers to planes; cars to military tanks!
these kids today that are interested in cars, are tuning japanese imports, they are not interested in hemi's, big blocks, etc. they like loud, fast little cars. So put a Yenko or a clone on their tail and see what they think.
IMHO, v-8's are boring anyway and they suck gas and they suck your money faster than this car ever will, there are just as many examples of hacked up chevelles and dodges, etc out there that poison the waters for the elitists who desire the ultimate Shelby or Yenko big block. All they have done is made a market for themselves to manipulate and upped the ante on some classic muscle cars in general.
we need a physical home for the corvair too, anybody have some land they want to donate? I'll donate my time designing the building. cfm grinning. it could be an air cooled building. ha ha ha.
end transmission.
chris is ranting mann