<VV> Water Leak

C K corvair at mad.scientist.com
Sun Jun 8 20:07:03 EDT 2008

 Hi Pete.  I had that problem before too.  In the fresh air box (Under
the cowl area below the windshield.) at the bottom there is an
overlapping seam.  The sealer dries out and when water gets into the
airbox it dribbles down the firewall onto the floor.  If this is the case
for you then you can remove the cowl, wire brush out the old sealer,
clean the area with lacquer thinner and use some brush on sealer to
reseal it.
When I did my 61' (the first car with this leak), there was no such
sealer available and I had to get a bit more drastic.  I used
fiberglass.  One day I will have to remove it and do it right.  Although
8 years in the PNW out in the weather and it still does not leak kind of
keeps the priority level kind of low.   ;)

Good luck,
Curtis