<VV> Spyder to Corsa

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Mon Jun 9 12:16:23 EDT 2008

Jon wrote:
I have a 62 spider and 67 Monza conv. both 4spds. I want to put the motor
from the 62 into the 67. can I use the early Flywheel / clutch / pressure
plate / bell housing or do I have change these over to late model design.
Thanks Jon Peters SDCC  1tallguy at att.net

Craig replies:
Like Frank said the clutch stuff will work if you keep the package together
(TO Bearing, PP, flywheel, ball stud), but the bellhousing stays with the
motor, EM and LM bellhousings are specific to the engine crankshaft.

Obviously, you'll have to remove nearly all the sheetmetal.  The only pieces
I think you'll be able to use from the EM are the lower shrouds and top
shroud. Many of the pieces from your '67 or a donor will work, but you'll
need a 12-plate-size LR air duct and turbo RF heater outlet (the one you
have might work.  I don't know the break but there are a couple of RF heater
duct styles - I had to make a combo-part for my turbo 'cause I bought the
wrong style for my lower shroud.) You will have to alter the throttle rod
'cause Saginaws have specific throttle rods and so do turbos.  The piece
from a '66 turbo/Saginaw should be right.

It will fit just fine, you'll just have to do some mixing and matching for
all the little stuff and you might have to buy a few things like the
throttle rod.  EM clutch is no problem though.
Craig