<VV> museum, was: hot air marketing

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 10 09:27:11 EDT 2008

That brings up an interesting subject. Know why we can't get #5999 into the
Ypsi museum? I asked Jack Miller (the curator of the museum) what his
objectives were in picking cars. Seems he's not interested in historic
vehicles as much as low mileage vehicles. That is why his own '69 Monza
coupe, with something like 249 miles on it, is in there instead of #5999,
with almost 15,000 miles on it. Never mind that his car, other than the
window sticker still being in the car, has no historic significance
whatsoever (being middle of the run, and average equipment). It's because
it's low miles.

What we need is some deep-pocket philanthropic individual to buy, say, that
5-mile 500 that's currently in Hemmings, offer it for display to Jack (in
place of Jack's own car, of course). Then leave it there until Jack does
something with his car (like sell it). THEN pull the 500 and let #5999 be
put in there in its place. LOL

-Mark