<VV> 4 doors, was: Corsa differences humor

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Jun 10 09:28:13 EDT 2008

Years ago ... Late 80s maybe ... perhaps at the convention in Chicago there was
a 2 door with the 'formal' rear window.  I took a picture of it but I have not seen
that picture for years :-(  Maybe someone remembers that car.

Ken P

I did, and I happen to have his pics on my computer. He did a nice job of
photoshopping a profile shot of his black 4door into a "formal roofline" 2door.
My thought is that such a conversion would be easy to do, and a hoot to show. But like
you point out, the only glitch is getting that rear quarter window made.

Frank Regal (from Chicago area) managed to mount a 4door roof/backlite section (above the
drip molding) onto a regular 2door coupe, but said that it was a nightmare. The coupe is
actually tapered in back, and narrower than a 4door at that point. You can actually see
the taper if you look at the rear quarter window from the rear of the car. Frank's car
was interesting to say the least.

-Mark