<VV> Questions on air filtration

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 10 14:37:56 EDT 2008

I have an OE oil bath air cleaner for my 1963 Rampside and would like to hear the general consensus on it. I live and drive in a fairly dusty enviorment with dirt roads. Are they worthwhile? Do they take the place of the 2 paper elements or are they in addition to them? What type of oil do I use? Are they too restrictive? Will it affect performance or fuel economy? As always, I thank you all for any information or opinions.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado- getting ready to drive to Ventura