<VV> Balance Point

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Thu Jun 12 11:18:32 EDT 2008

Chuck,

Thanks for the kind mention of the jack and cradle.  I'm glad I was able to help.

For anyone else thinking of removing an engine this way, I'd like to make one small clarification.  We weren't using a tranny jack; it was an ATV jack I bought at Costco.  The cradle is modeled after the cradle Rick Norris described in his article in the December 2003 issue of the Communique.  If you can't find your copy of the Communque, the cradle is similar to the Finch cart descibed in "How To Keep Your Corvair Alive". Also check out the Group Red web page below.

(Shameless plug: This whole story is a great example of one of the benefits of membership in CORSA and your local chapter - Corvair owners helping other Corvair owners.)

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible wonder-car
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, Heart of GA Corvairs and Group Red (ret.)

http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm