<VV> Was Corvair Museum

Cliff tibbitts at qx.net
Thu Jun 12 13:55:05 EDT 2008

Terry,

I am staying out of the CPF argument for the simple reason that I do not
know enough to wade in one way or the other.  But, I whole-heartedly endorse
your concluding remarks.

My reasons for getting into Corvairs were a little different.  My 64 Monza
was the first car I ever bought with my own money.  I liked the fact that
the car was a little quirky, and I had tons of fun both with my Monza and my
dad's 61 Rampy.  My reasons were primarily nostalgic.

As you and others know, the current car, the 66 Monza, has been sitting in
my garage for nearly three years now. I was able to drive it for a year in
the middle before dropping the valve seat.  There are times I look at the
car and sincerely wish I had never seen it.  But then, I think of all the
great people I have met over the last three years and realize how much
better off I am for having met you folks.

I think I'll keep it.

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY

	Clark, when I started out with Corvairs it was because they were
affordable . . . now that I have more resources I still play with
"rusty Corvairs" because they are great cars, supported by a great
bunch of people.

	Terry Kalp