<VV> Corvair Museum

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Thu Jun 12 13:32:49 EDT 2008

Jim, you are correct, with an attitude like yours and Clark's we will never have a Corvair Museum. Once you decide it cannot happen, it never will.

i toured the Corvair display during the Detroit convention. What the CPF created within the space limitations was great, but the Corvair deserves more. Also noticed the building across the street was for sale.

When a donated space in a building worked so well for several years, why can it not work in the future?  How much parking do we need when only a few people a day visit the museum? And parking is not abundant at the present location, no lot, only cubside spots. If we need a paid person there all the time, move the Management team offices in there.

Right now CPF is spending $10,000 to restore the John Fitch Sprint.  It was restored when they got it, It needs the re-restoration now because of poor storage conditions . . .  do they have a place to store it properly when it is finished?

Improving the CPF museum facilities should be a goal we are working for, it may not happen immediately . . . it may not be as large or perfect as we would like, but surely we can improve on the present situation in a time frame of 10 years if we plan and promote.

Clark, when I started out with Corvairs it was because they were affordable . . . now that I have more resources I still play with "rusty Corvairs" because they are great cars, supported by a great bunch of people.

Terry Kalp