<VV> Corvair Time Trials June 22

Jack Pinard corvairjack at verizon.net
Thu Jun 12 18:32:30 EDT 2008

We have space available Sunday, June 22, in the historic fun track day at Streets of Willow Springs. Although it will be the largest gathering of Corvairs on a track anywhere in recent years we are well short of the 60 limit.

It is now open to any person in any car with no club affiliation required.
Until we hit the limit the entry fee reverts to the original $150.
This is a bargain for a full day at track WITH TIMING in Southern California.
Anyone interested should email or phone Jack Pinard ASAP for space availability.

At last count seven Yenkos and other historic race cars were entered .
In addition two dozen street and modified Corvairs will participate.
Several former record setting drivers will be present to make this a truly nostalgic event.

So bring a beater or rent a rice burner!  No experience necessary.
You will get a dash plaque to remind you that you were there at
"possibly the last great gathering of Corvairs on a road course".

A little melodramatic? Well don't bet that gas prices are going down and the economy going up anytime soon.  It is big bucks to stage this event and we may not be willing to take this risk again.

lots of practice laps, three timed laps, fun runs, NO RACING - but passing allowed under strict controls.

Produced by California Arizona Racing (CAR), Chapter 012 Corvair Society of America (CORSA), in conjunction with CORSA International Convention,  2 hours west at Ventura County Fairgrounds in Ventura June 23-27.

Regards, Jack Pinard

      Find the Best  Air Fares Fast  at:  www.pinardtravel.com

  John W. "Jack" Pinard  116 E Garden Green, Port Hueneme CA 93041 - Home 805 984-2692  -  Cell 805 340-6533