<VV> CO sensor

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Mon Jun 16 15:47:14 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

Sounds like you are doing everything you can to control all the variables,
but the basic concept of using heated
engine-compartment air for passenger breathing is flawed. Porsche and
Volkswagen realized it's inherent limitations
and discontinued it years ago.

The gas heater is a great accessory, but it wasn't available on most of the
later Corvair production run.

My point is that the direct-air heating system wouldn't be allowed these
days, as a basic design, so why put up with it?

Enjoy your drive to Ventura. Sounds like you've got some really fun Corvair
miles ahead!

Mel Francis