<VV> CO2 Serious Angle

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue Jun 17 11:39:03 EDT 2008

Smitty Smith <vairologist at verizon.net> wrote:    Smitty Says:  Everybody knows engineers ain't too smart.  They go around engineering things that have no hope of working.  They design an engine that has inferior O rings and suspensions that require intelligent maintenance of tire air pressure to be safe. They design things like cyl head gaskets that leak and exhaust packings that leak .   No, wait a minute now.  Do they really do that?  Somewhere along the line even with the best assembly things go wrong.  Humans and defective materials get into the act.  If one makes the assumption that the engineers aren't dummys after all and tries to understand their goal, then uses the best materials and educated effort to make the equipment work as advertised then odds of having success are pretty fair.  Success being, "it works as the engineers designed it".  Through my years of ownership of Corvairs I have learned to take a whole lot of peoples critisism of Corvairs with a grain of
 salt.  I am sorry your standard of maintenance has not been up to the engineers standards.
  Even If I did want to sidestep the design of the heater system I would be in serious trouble here.  One of the items on the State safety inspections is "fan forced hot air from the base of the windshield for defrosters".  (or else you don't drive the car)