<VV> Watches (Some Corvair)

Phil Fairman hoscale at paonline.com
Fri Jun 20 22:33:22 EDT 2008

I was really "into" watches (timepieces-not the "fashion accessories" of today) ever since high school. In high school, I wore a Heuer (pre-Tag) chronograph and had several swiss stopwatches as I did some rallying(in a VW!). Got an Accutron Spaceview for graduation (1966) which was destroyed when I was a Police Officer in 1969 (got "wacked" in a scuffle) Got an Accutron 214 Railroad watch to replace it and still have that one, it has the gun-blue hands. I also have an Omega Speedmaster Professional (Moon Watch) that was a 7th anniversay present (1978) and a Ball "Official Standard" railroad wristwatch (self-winding, 27 jewels) that belonged to a Pennsylvania Railroad Conductor. Ball Watch Co of Philadelphia made a lot of the railroad watches. My "daily driver is an IWC hybrid chronograph(Quartz motor, mechanical chronograph) that I use to check centrifuge timers at the hospital, I'm a Bio-Med Tech. My first Accutron Spaceview was the watch I was wearing when I picked my new-to-me 1963 Corvair Monza Coupe 102/4 in 1966, wish I still had both.

Phil Fairman
'66 Monza 110/pg