<VV> Steering Box installation

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Mon Jun 23 00:56:38 EDT 2008

Yahoo! I just got my new quick steering box in the mail! Thanks, Seth!

I won't have to fight the steering wheel while I drive anymore. I don't like
driving down the highway by braille, you know, the California highway Botts'
Dots.

Anyway,

I won't be able to install the box for a week or so but I'm reading up on
it. I read in the installation instructions that I need to center the box
before installation. They say to install a 5/16-36 u-joint onto the pinion
input shaft to be able to turn it to find center. I don't happen to have one
"in stock". By looking in the various books that I have it seems to me that
I can install the steering coupler onto the pinion shaft and use a wrench to
turn it. This would give me a place to"grab onto" to turn the shaft without
messing up the splines. Am I thinking correct? What have you other guys
done?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder Vert