<VV> Corvair MPG

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Thu Jun 26 21:39:09 EDT 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 7:09 PM, Ron wrote:

> I noted that one of these cars got 27 mpg in the Mobil Gas Economy
> Run.
> This was while being driven for economy by a professional driver.  I
> wonder
> if this doesn't sort of make a lie of the claims made by owners in
> our more
> recent Econo-runs?
> RonH

In our last economy run I drove my car exactly as I run it every day
on the street - no preparation, no coasting, just moderate driving
staying right behind the Eventmaster. I finished 3rd with 26.21 mpg.
The winner had 32.98 mpg. Experience has taught me that with my normal
economy run preparation and driving style, but no cheating, I can get
between, probably 46 and 51 mpg depending on the course. (That's with
the air-conditioning off.)

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Treasurer, CORSA South Carolina