<VV> Rough idle in drive

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 12:43:28 EDT 2008

                                         B'H

Stephen: I found that after maybe 6 months of daily driving, I improved my idle by cleaning the plugs, which were usually black with carbon.  I replace them once a year.  I run a Pertronix I which hasn't needed any servicing over the past year and half.

I've had your problem on and off for years with old cars.  One source of problems could be vacuum leak. Make sure both carbs are securely bolted to the manifolds, and all vacuum hoses and connections are leakproof.

Worse case scenario could be a bad cylinder head or bad valves.  Hopefully it's not that bad.

Now that I'm running leaner jets (#48 vs. #51) I suspect my plugs may be running cleaner, since my idle has remained smooth over the past year (thank G-d).

Good luck...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110