<VV> Request for assistance in re. carburettor identification

David B. Neale david.neale3 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 27 20:23:39 EDT 2008

Gentlemen,
                  I have been given a Corvair motor which has not been
run for more than twenty years. Identification information suggests the
motor to be a '65 110 HP, for manual transmission.  I would like to
re-build the carburettors, and upon examination the number cast into the
base on each carburettor is 7029332.

The carbs are in apparently excellent shape.  There is almost no
discernible wear on the throttle shafts.

Using Bob Helt's excellent carburettor book, the carburettors are almost
certainly 1965 components.  However, the number above does not appear in
the application tables in the book.  Can anyone advise me, please, as to
just what these carburettors were intended for?  Many thanks,

David Neale