<VV> Spring Loaded Pully

Ebarr19 at aol.com Ebarr19 at aol.com
Sun Jun 29 12:10:51 EDT 2008

I have had good results with the spring loaded pulley setup. I bought the  64
Fitch Sprint conv. in the mid-1980s and sold it to Jeff Kent in 2006 and it
had the same belt on it and had never came off, and during that time it had
been  autocrossed several times, Atlanta 92, Williamsburg 94, Dallas 95, St.
Louis 98,  and that year Curt Jones also drove it and if you remember Curt he was
a  " Spirited " driver.
 The 63 coupe " The Geezer " I have been autocrossing the past several
years, I added the same type setup and again have never lost a belt, but one  time
after spinning out and killing the engine the belt ended up between the
pulley and the fan and I did not notice it until I got home. That's why I  am a fan
of the spring setup !!
Gene Barr