<VV> Ohio Roadmap w/Corvair on Cover

Gramps wizardhal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 21:56:46 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Steve Oxford <seoxford at att.net> wrote:

> I apologize if someone else has mentioned this item, but I don't remember
> seeing it posted here.  The new Ohio roadmap sports a lm Corvair on the
> front cover.  Anyone know the story of how that came to be?

Don't know for sure, but several years ago there was a PBS TV documentary
featuring a tour of Ohio's Amish country and canal system. A Corvair turned
up in the town of Coshocton in that film and I'm guessing the same Corvair
owner was involved. By the way, former Astronaut and US Senator (not to
mention Corvair owner)   John Glenn lived near there.

Gramps