<VV> Last Canadian Corvair

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 1 02:38:47 EST 2008

It came up during a conversation with a new 'vair owner today that his Cdn
'66 Monza coupe was actually one of the last 40 to roll off the Oshawa
assembly line, and it got me thinking....

1969 was the death of the Corvair in the US.  Lots of attention has been
paid over the years to the suspected fate of the last '69 made.  But we had
our own "6000" type senario up here in Canada.

1966 was the last year for Canadian built Corvairs, production totalled 6137
units according to TCD.  My VIN ends in 1365, which would make mine a pretty
early production '66 (it has thin wedding band taillights).

So I ask you, please chime in with your VIN if you've got a '66, let's see
who has the youngest Canadian Corvair.  Maybe we'll find the last one ever
made!  While you're at it, check your taillights, if they look original, do
you have the "thin" or "thick" wedding band in the centre? (thin = 1/8",
thick is +1/4")  I'm sure Kent S. would love to narrow down when that
particular change took place on the Cdn production line.

Regards,
Joel