<VV> BLAST CABINET (WINDOW)

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Mar 1 07:16:13 EST 2008

i just bought 2 new 1/4 inch 12 X 24 tempered glass windows for my  cabinet.
2 things come to mind...one is that the first one lasted about 20 years of  a
lot of use!, but i am now using more aggressive media so that's what is doing
 it (this one lasted @ 2 years). i use 60 grit carbide to speed things up. i
am  using an old TIP cabinet that was a deal in  @1970 with a gas powered
compressor. i now use an electric 7 hp on 80 gal tank and an extra 100 gal tank
in the shop near the cabinet. (the compressor is in the garage attached to the
 house to get rid of the noise). my next move is to run some sort of air
blast  from a blower thru a deflector the width of the window exhausting thru a 4
inch  outlet in the side of the cabinet to a collector bag like a sawdust
collector. i bought one of those little blowers built in a 4 inch pipe to  try ,
but if that is not enough i have more powerful units here to play  with. my
window over the light (which is on top of the cabinet) is also so  frosted it is
very dim.  i plan on moving the light to just above the  window to get light
on the part from the angle i am viewing it at. other than  that i may end up
changing back to industrial sand or glass bead.  carbide  wears even the
hardest nozzle  fairly fast also.  anyone have pictures  of a successful reasonable
to build vent system? i was just going to write on  this so glad it came up.
regards, tim colson

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)