<VV> PG Cable

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Mar 2 12:18:00 EST 2008

I agree with you on all points. If we do not support our vendors, they
will not be here to supply parts in the future. I have been a customer
of both Clarks and Underground for a long time. Even American Corvair if
you can remember that far back (late 70s).

$190 for a reproduced cable is in line with modern parts prices. Much
better than those parts made from unobtainium.

And also agree that a restored (or good original!) car should have a
reproduced cable if the old one leaks. I was adressing the typical
driver with a slightly weepy cable that  I see frequently. With no shift
problems I do use tape to see if it will last a few more years. But as
John says, a worn insides will never go away with a band aid. So if
there are other issues, or the hemorage is large, skip the band aid. Fix
it right.

Frank DuVal