<VV> Icons

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 5 17:23:21 EST 2008

 >  "Hot wire terminal block"  just doesn't have that ring to it. - Seth

Yes, it is that "Horrid Red Plastic Thingy", even if it has worked
faithfully for 43 years and has been lovingly maintained (kept tight and
corrosion free, or accidentally oiled via dipstick) for the last 42 of
those years.

 >  For front engined GM cars of this era, wasn't this usually a REAL
screw terminal on the horn relay?

Which one of two different eras?  '58 through '63 or so used the screw
terminal on the horn relay, but by '68 (maybe '65?) they weren't, iirc.
The Chevelle series of the late sixties uses the same HRPT.  Besides,
look at where the horn relay is on a Corvair -- would you really want to
run that wire there and back just to use a good terminal?  Actually, it
works pretty good if you just happen to have 35 feet of 8 gauge high
ampacity automotive stereo wire laying around.

If you Google "junction block", does it say "Corvair"?   "Horrid red
plastic thingy" gives you Harry Yarnell  on Sun Mar 5 18:24:44 EST 2006
saying, "Um, I thought ALL late models had the horrid red plastic
thingy." Early models have the the horrid multipin firewall connector.
An easy way to tell them apart.

I generally did replace the HRPT with a large circuit breaker, but then
I only used one terminal of the breaker for replacing the HRPT. Nobody
ever noticed that there were no wires on the protected terminal.

Don't mess with the icons!

Bill Strickland