<VV> Dang 40 yr old aluminum !!!!

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Mar 6 09:36:35 EST 2008

I suspect these heads were overheated badly one or many times, #2 and
#5 usually bear the brunt of this because of the oil cooler and
(often missing) fresh air hose.

As I recall, you also had issues with the crankcase studs, tho maybe
that was a different engine.

Since you're now replacing the exhaust seats, that might be the
problem - those seats were able to shift enough to allow the intake
to relax.  Still, it may be worthwhile to go with a completely
different set of heads.

Good luck!

--Bryan