<VV> Horrid Red Plastic Thingy

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 10:39:36 EST 2008

It's the part that's poorly designed. It is not considered good practice to
ONLY have threads into plastic for an electrical connection. Too many plastics
 relax over time, and the plastic the HRPT is made from is no exception.

I've solved this design deficiency a few different ways, the one that looks
closest to stock is to use a short piece of threaded rod (I used 10-32), jam
two  nuts onto it, screw this into the HRPT, then put the wires onto the stud
you now  have sticking out of the HRPT, and then one more nut (with lockwasher)
and  voila! end of problem. Forever. If the plastic relaxes, the connection
stays tight.

In a message dated 3/6/2008 9:50:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,