<VV> Front End Noise

David George dgeorge at heritage-consultants.com
Sun Mar 9 21:43:10 EDT 2008

Since we finally had a decent day here in CT, I decided to clean out the garage and make some room to work. When I backed my LM out and stepped on the brakes, I heard a sort of crunching noise in the right front wheel area. I looked under the car and saw no obvious problems, so I pulled the wheel and drum and found that the wheel cylinder is leaking (I have a kit to rebuild it). My question is would a leaking wheel cylinder lead to a crunching sound? At first I thought the noise was suspension related. I bounced th car up and down, but I could not reproduce the sound. It only happens when the brakes are applied. Anyone have this problem before?? Thanks!

Dave
Newington, CT